Friday 1 July 2011

Starting a New Blog

I seem to get into the habit of starting blogs or websites and never finishing them. Maybe things will change with this one.

A little bit about me and this blog...

My interest is photography and it is what I do in my spare time. For the time that isn’t spare, I earn a living to support my photographic addiction.

I recently started investigating lighting and working with models and want to further my skills. I don’t intend making a living out of photography but I want to create great photos of interesting people. My interests are working with people in a landscape environment, interesting and quirky lighting, available light (or simulated available light) indoors and out, black and white with a leaning towards a film noir type look. Oh, and landscape and photography of the built environment. I have previously been concentrating on seascapes. 

Coledale a1

Coledale Pool - 6 Feb 2011, Nikon D90 and Nikkor 10-24mm zoom

When it comes to photographing people (my latest interest), I am most interested in emotion, atmosphere and the human form. Catching the person within, rather than the pose.

Lucy 11

Lucy - 21 June  2011, Olympus E-P1 and Olympus M.Zuiko 14-42mm zoom set to 19mm (38mm equiv.)

With photography, I have started on a learning process that will last a lifetime but only photograph people and things if they interest me.
In the coming posts, I will add some recent photos and once I have done that, this blog will become a spot where I add what's new and I may also discuss equipment and how I take my photos.

If you are interested, follow me. If not, well I was happy to have you read this post.

Cheers and enjoy life...

Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment